Thursday, March 14, 2013

Boots

THESE may look like just a pair of old rugged boots, but these rugged boots have love and a story behind them. The wonderful young, loving man who wore these boots, worked hard in these boots. He is proud of these boots and the work he did in these boots.  This young man was my 31 year old baby brother became a homicide victim on Feb. 10th 2012.  He was a tree trimmer who loved his job and was good at what he did for a living. As his sister I’m not sure just how many tree he trimmed or had to cut down. He cut and trim trees that were blocking highways and roads after snow and thunder storms, etc.  I’m pretty sure he wasn’t passionate about his job of cutting trees down because he disliked trees, but because it was exciting to him to be so high up into those trees, and he felt as if he was a hero. Me being his sister, he did not need to prove to me that he was a hero, he was my baby brother to me he had always been my hero. I was 8 years older them him and as he was a baby and a toddler I was his hero. As time went on and he got bigger and stronger then I, he became my hero and always protected me when needed. The young man who wore these rugged old boots was my first male love. Most young girls first love is their father, but not mine, mine was my baby brother. I am 40 years old and have been married for 17 years and although I love my husband dearly, the young man who wore these was and always  will be my first love. This young man will always carry a piece of my heart and when he died that piece of my heart had died also. These rugged boots sit on a plastic filing cabinet next to my laptop desk. The smell in these boots still linger and I often can smell the sent of the young man who worked so very hard in these rugged boots. Not only is he proud of these rugged boots, but I am also proud of them. These rugged old boots will never part from me.

1 comment:

  1. I followed you! You have lovely blog, really!
    follow back :)

    http://madeinlatvija.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete