Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Mug

This isn’t just no ordinary coffee mug with the name Timothy on it. It is the name of my thirty one year old baby brother who was murdered on February 10th 2012. It is not mug that was bought in one of those stores that sell the items with names on them. It was bought at a store that resells hand me downs and donated items. It's not likely to carry a coffee mug like this! Not to mention the self that this coffee mug was found on, was on a self with about fifty other different coffee mugs, Hershey’s Chocolate mugs, blue mugs, green mugs, mugs with states on them, mugs with sports teams, and so on. I rumbled throw the selves of the coffee mugs, not that I needed any since I had just bought two new boxes of dinnerware sets, and coffee mugs came with the sets. I still insisted in rumbling throw them to see if any caught my eye just for the sake of it, and spotted a plan green coffee mug. Green was my brother’s favorite color, which comes to no surprise since he was a tree trimmer and loved the outdoors. So I picked up the green coffee mug and put it in my basket because in some way it reminded me of him, still rumbling throw the coffee mugs. I didn’t know what I was excepting to find, maybe I thought I’d find some golden ticket to a exotic island or something if I kept looking! So I worked my way to the bottom self of coffee mugs. Still not finding that golden ticket I’d hope to find, and worked my way to the end of the bottom self of these coffee mugs. It probably took about a half hour just looking throw coffee mugs I didn’t even need! While my two children and husband waited patiently! I finally came to the end, as I heard my family sigh in relief, and as I was getting ready to leave the selves of coffee mugs. I spotted all the way in the back on the last self, a green coffee mug that looked as if there was  the letter T on it. I scuffled to the back and picked up this coffee mug. To my surprise! It not only had the letter T on the front, but the name Timothy spelled across the bottom, and one the back the name Timothy spelled across it with personality traits that a Timothy would have! I didn’t find a golden ticket to an exotic island, but something much more meaningful! Some may say it’s coincidence, but I say it was the work of my brother! It was his way of saying hello, I miss you and I am with you everyday! Now every morning when you drink your coffee I will be right there with you, drinking mine. It’s times like that day in the used good’s store that I feel him, and I feel safe. So, if you had such things like this happen to you, don’t just assume it’s a coincidence. It’s a lost loved one saying hello and I’m with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment