Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's not dwelling.... It's called inspiration

Many times I've was told I was dwelling on my brother's homicide, and that's why I couldn't move forward. Weeks, months and even up to the year of his homicide, I would post pictures and share stories about him on my Facebook wall. Many people were concerned, and some even said things, such as... Move on, get over it, he's in a better place, it was his time to go, and even everything happens for a reason. I believe in that saying.... Everything happens for a reason, but not in a homicide! There is no reason or rhyme of killing another human being.... No reason what so ever! There had been so many bullets shot at my brother that morning, that even the Judge stated, that he's surprised that no on else was shot! Kind of makes you think, what could make a human.... Or should I say animal, so angry to have shot all those bullets.... To have emptied a gun magazine on another human being! I have lost friends and some family members even shy away from me. I have even had people tell me they worry about my being and are afraid for me. Do I miss him? Of course! Do I cry for him? Of course! Do I wish he were still here? Absolutely! Any sister, father, family member, or friend would! He was unique! He was absolutely gorgeous! He had a smile that would light up any room, a laugh so distinct and contagious, a voice that grabbed your attention! When Timothy B. Reber was present..... Everyone knew it!!! He was the life of the party and everyone knew who he was, even if they'd never met him.... They know who he was. Then there are people who have said I've been an impact and a inspiration to many. I hold on to him and his memory and keep him alive, through my pictures, stories, and writing. I have got many complements on what an inspiration I have been. There have been close true friends, friends I have met through my journey of grief, organizations for homicide victims, local newspaper companies, and even State Representatives! I do not believe my brother passing due to homicide was for a reason, but I do believe he inspired me. He passed giving me this gift and told me not ignore it. I am to reach out and make an impact on those who lost their lives like he did. To inspire those loved ones left behind, and show those who lost loved ones to such tragedy, like homicide. That we can be their voice, make good from evil, and carry on with our lives, while keeping them alive. Do I think I'm dwelling? No! Do I think I'm unstable? No! Do I think others should worry about me because I am moving on like this? No! Did I think I was able to get through this a few months back? Absolutely Not! I am seeking help and have been since the death of him, and I've been told I'm doing great! This is me and I'm just telling my story, and the story of a wonderful brother, that gave me thirty one great years and memories! And now I have been asked to write an article for grieving loved ones.

2 comments: